Monday, August 13, 2007

Pajama Party! Woo hoo!!

Saturday night was time to PARTY!! I was invited to a Stampin' Pajama Party by one of my good stamping friends. So after work I packed up my pajamas and stamping gear and headed over to her house. Everyone brought some thing to eat or drink. I brought wine and candy because what is a party without those??? :)


I used this opportunity to work on a couple of projects I needed to finish. The first was an anniversary card for my parents. They will have been married 44 years on August 17th!! Ya for them! Of course, I could have never stayed with my ex for that long.......one of us would be dead and it wouldn't be me......so in our case divorce was best. :) But my parents are doing great and they still love each other and get along- rare these days. So this is my card to celebrate their marriage. After all, if it weren't for them- my brother and I wouldn't be here today!


The card is made with the new SU set called Baroque Motifs. I wasn't sure if I would like using it- but I think I do! The colors are Blue Bayou, Soft Skye and River Rock. I punched the scallop with the new SU scallop punch (yes- I have one that actually works!) and put a rhinestone brad in the middle. Then for the finishing touches I sponged the edges with Blue Bayou ink and put Star Dust Stickles in the center of each small flower. I hope they like it!



The second project I needed to do is a birthday card for a friend of mine. I made two birthday cards but I think this is the one I will send her- I really like it. The idea isn't completely original, but then what idea is? We all use the same sets and colors so eventually something overlaps. I used the SU set Doodle This and filled it in with Soft Sky ink with a blender pen. Then I highlighted with my white gel pen. I stamped the main flower in black on white paper and colored the same way. After cutting it out and attaching it with dimensionals- I used my Star Dust stickles (again- I know! I love them!!) and made it all sparkly. I stamped Happy Birthday from It's your Birthday in Black and attached a ribbon (non SU).


Anyway- I made two other cards as well. I tried a lady bug card with the Pick A Petal set then all of us (those who were left at 2 am that is....) made this cute birthday card that looks like paper on a clipboard- complete with a pencil! I wish I could take credit for designing it- but I can't! It was brought by one of the other ladies- and I think her sister designed it. But we had a lot of fun making it!


So you see- I may be mostly work- but this week I was some play too! It was really needed fun time. All work and no play.......makes you me most of the time- and that's not good! So add a little fun into your life wherever you can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I were there!
You will have to show me everything IRL!

Ticia said...

Beautiful work.