Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sassy Challenge: Non-floral Sympathy Card

Whew! Thank goodness for Wednesdays! If it weren't for my weekly challenge with my Sassy Friends I might not make time to stamp! Shame on me!




Work has been pretty decent this week but I burned the candle on both ends (I had a lot to get done!) on my last two days off so I went into my four days already tired. It only got worse while I was working which did not help my stamping mojo.




I went to a Shoebox Swap on Friday and made a very simple card. I like to do more complicated cards but sometimes simple is better- like when you have 14 cards to make in just a couple of hours! LOL! Here is my creation :








The technique used is Faux Tearing and it is really easy! You just mask part of the card with a torn piece of paper (I have made a template with a manila folder) and use a wheel or background stamp then slide the mask and sponge. It really looks great when you use a background stamp but I could only use current SU products for this swap and I did not have a current background stamp.



CS: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, White



Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Whimsy Wheel



Blue Bayou Double-stitched ribbon





I finally stamped again today - it is Wednesday afterall and I had to make a Sympathy card without using any flowers. Not too hard, right? LOL! Actually, it wasn't hard but I don't have a Sympathy stamp so I had to substitute "From the Heart". It could work for a Sympathy card, I think. I combined this challenge with Sketch Challenge 164 on SplitCoast. I love those challenges because I always need ideas for layouts. Do you think I can come up with this stuff on my own? Well, sometimes- but most of the time....no.



The bird and sentiment were stamped with Timber Brown Stazon. Then I colored the image with my SU markers on water color paper and blended with an Aquapainter. The jury (IMO) is still out on how the image turned out- I am not sure I like the water lines.....but it is a hazard of water-coloring, I guess. At least for me.



CS: (All SU) Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow; SU Outlaw DP (retired)

Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, SU Markers: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow

Accessories: Aged Copper Brads, Brown satin ribbon (non SU)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these cards are beautiful!

Amy said...

These cards are BEAUTIFUL!!