Monday, July 20, 2009

A Fond Farewell

Happy Tuesday! Today I have a card for a very special person, but one that I am sad that I have to make. This card is for my boss whom I love working for who is leaving the company and moving out of state. He will definitely be missed in our office and company-wide. This card will be signed by everyone at work, and hopefully I did the occasion justice. I do know that he appreciates the cards I make him because he has saved each one on his bulletin board.
I used Unity's Kit of the Month from November 08 called Enjoy Your Story....Laugh. I honestly have not used this kit very much but it is so much fun to dig into past kits and find new treasures that catch my eye. I thought this little car and the sentiment fit the occasion since he is moving on the other side of the country. On the inside of the card I used a sentiment from Unity's Simply Said kit that says, "May All Your Dreams Come True."
I stamped the images and colored them with my Prismacolor Pencils (my new stamping love) and then pieces them onto Sage Shadow paper.

I am hoping this card is appropriate since I don't make many masculine cards, and I don't make many for this sort of occasion. I would love to know what you think!

Stamps: Unity Enjoy Your Stories...Laugh, Simply Said (inside)
Paper: SU: Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Retired DSP; PTI White
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Black Stazon
Accessories: Aged Copper hardware, Dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

This is really beautiful Sherry! Your boss will love it, anyone would!

FibreJunky said...

I think it's beautiful, Sherry. I really do. The colours are perfect for a "guy card."

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!
Love it:)

Angie Blom said...

wow, fantastic Sherry,,love this stamp.

Katy said...

that is an incredible masculine card...because it looks manly yet... PRETTY!! I love it! Hope you are having fun on your way to CHA today!

de said...

This is great! Love the colors and your coloring rocks!

Bonita Rose said...

your colors and the card are stellar... such a beautiful card gf.. wow!

Unknown said...

Sherry, this is a fabulous card and perfect for a masculine card...TFS!

Ari Vega-Macias said...

so so so appropriate for a man:) i love that image!!!

Kerry said...

What a great masculine card!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous. I'm sure he will really appreciate it...and keep it!

ANAT S said...

gorgeous card Sherry

CarlaKH said...

Sherry that card is just amazing! Love it. Love the colors and images!

Suz said...

Great card. I'm hopping in from Unity HHH