Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Fun- A Book Challenge

It's time for some Friday Fun.  This week, Jimmi has challenged us to make a card or project based upon/inspired by the book you are reading or last read (or a favorite).  I recently discovered that my phone has a Kindle app so I have downloaded quite a few freebies and several other books to my phone.  Having said that, I have yet to read most of them.  A book I have started and I am trying to apply to my life as much as possible is How to Shop for Free by Kathy Spencer.  I am only on Chapter 2 (I think) but using some of the principles in the book I saved over $50 the last 2 weeks on my grocery bill.  Keep in mind, that is for a family of 1 (and 2 fur babies) so that is actually pretty darn good.
Since the theme of the book is shopping I decided to pull out the Retail Therapy set from Paper Makeup.  Oh, this set is bags and boxes of fun.  I combined the Friday Fun Challenge with this week's Mojo Monday (#173) sketch and this is what I came up with:







 Stamps: Paper Makeup Retail Therapy
Paper: Mark's Finest Paper Corn Husk and Breezy Blue; Webster's Pages Patterned Paper
Accessories: Ribbon from Mark's Finest Papers; Nestabilities, Brads 

We would love for you to play along- it's all for fun! Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls blogs for more inspiration!

 
Thanks for stopping by today- Be sure to have some Friday Fun!! 


8 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

OMGOSH this is SO cute Sherry! I LOVE how you popped up some of the purses-adorable!

Angie Blom said...

Oh I love this Sherry.. love the purses.. great design.!! xx

jpmayo said...

This is SO pretty!
I love the colors so much!

Christi Snow said...

LOL...I love how you used the book theme for your card. Beautiful!! smiles...

Lisa Kind said...

This set never looked so good! What a fabulous card! Love it!

StampinCathy said...

This is just beautiful!

FibreJunky said...

I love reading via the kindle app! I haven't figured out how to shop for free, but I do shop as cheaply as I possibly can. I got a lot of the kids' Christmas presents for 50-70% off. Buying for 5 kids forces me to shop well - especially if I ever want new stamps!

Linda said...

Oh I love this Sherry.. love the purses.. this so cute.... I need it for my room! this Roacks!!!