Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just For Fun!

While looking through my stamps the other day I came up with some ideas that are just for fun. I recently purchased a set from my LSS that is made by River City Rubberworks. It had some funny sayings that I would love to use on cards for co-workers, but alas, HR will not allow it.

The first card in this series (currently there are two but there may be more because they are so much fun to make) was inspired by the fact that I love to cook, but my son is a picky eater. There's nothing like working really hard on a meal only to have him pick out all the onions and whatever else he finds objectionable.

I used the Diva Chef from Rubber Romance and the sentiment from River City. It says, "Complain and Die." There are some occasions when even my dear son knows that I have worked way too hard on a meal for him to complain- this card depicts one of those occasions. Haven't we all felt like this before?


The image was stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and colored with my SU markers then blended with my aquapainter filled with alcohol. I framed the sentiment with an Aged Copper Label Holder/Frame from SU's Hodge Podge Hardware. The cooking utensils were colored with my Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Star Dust to give it the metallic look. The Ruby Red layer was embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and I finished off the card with my favorite accessory- Wide Grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip. Yummy!

Thanks for looking

Stamps: Rubber Romance Diva Chef, River City

Paper: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Water Color Paper

Ink: Brown Stazon, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa

Accessories: Aged Copper HPH, Swiss Dots CB, Chocolate Wide grosgrain, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in Star Dust

1 comment:

StampOwl said...

this is so wonderful Sherry ... I so love that stamp