Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sassy Sunshine!

It's Wednesday and time for a Sassy Challenge Card. This week we had to make a rain-themed card since it's the first of April and everyone knows April Showers bring May Flowers. :) I thought this challenge would be easy for me.....but I was proved wrong as it took me a couple hours to come up with this card and I am still not sure if I like it. And yes, I am aware that the card says "Hey Sunshine." My thought is this: Our friends and family are the sunshine through the rain so this card can be given to someone I love. Yes, it's corny- but DEAL WITH IT! LOL!

I finally got to use my new Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. It was very exciting! I used my markers to color the images and the umbrella is paper-pieced with Uptown DSP. I accented the images with my Sakura Gelly Roll Pens. I used Black on the boots and the umbrella handle, Star Dust on the buckle of the boot and the umbrella stick, and white on the scalloped edges.





All Images are from Hanna Stamps. All Cardstock and DSP is from Stampin' Up.


Stamps: Rain Rain, Things Hanna Would Say

Card Stock: Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Uptown DSP

Ink: Black Stazon, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi

Accessories: Wasabi Ribbon, Saffron Brads, Swiss Dots CB Folder, Circle Punches, Marvy Scallop Punch, Word Window Punch, Sakura White and Black and StarDust Gelly Rol pens.

No comments: