Friday, January 30, 2009

Wanna Hear a Funny Story?

Happy Saturday! I have a card and some pictures to show you along with a funny story......
I made this card because it reminds me of my parents who live in Arizona. This stamp is my first cactus stamp- I ordered it from Unity last month. I had also planned to use it as one of my Hip Hop projects this past Thursday however about ONE hour before the blog hop was to begin I realized that two of the stamps were no longer available so I couldn't use the card! Well I stamped like I never stamped before....Scraps were flying everywhere andI even dumped embossing powder all over the place- it was crazy! The dog and the cat were ducking for cover! But I managed to get a card made and posted in just the nick of time. I still wanted to show you my Western card, though and I figured that I should show you some picture of the giant mess I made.....however I did clean up some before I thought about taking pictures so it's not as messy as it was. :)



(The sentiment Go West is still available in the kit: Wanna Be a Cowboy)
My Cutter Desk after emergency card making:
You would never guess it but this really IS my dining room table....
And this is my main work area- where most of the crazy action took place:
And this is what my stamping area is supposed to look like. It was quite a clean up job plus I have moved all my un-mounted Unity into the green containers from Target. It definitely helps with organizing and saving space.
See- I can eat at my dining table now!! (Guess I can't use the table being messy an excuse not to cook anymore, huh?)




Yes, that really is my desk top you see! It does exist!!
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Where in target did you buy that because I was looking for these green containers and could not find

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing...too bad you couldn't use it, but I'm glad to see it now.

That's not a mess, that's just chaos. LOL Nice try, though. ;)

Scrapacat said...

You call that a mess? Your mess is my very tidy clean day. LOL!! I enjoyed the story and the card, none-the-less. I love that paper set from SU, too!
~ky

Jessy said...

Sherry, great card. LOVE it. and very funny story. glad to hear you got everything back to "normal." :)