Saturday, October 10, 2009

Easy Gift Idea

Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is turning out to be great. You may have noticed that it's been a week since I have posted here. I have been pretty sick with a sinus infection but- I am starting to feel human again and I finally made it to my stamping table!

Today I have a Christmas ornament to show you that I made using the Artful Inkables Set Holiday Treats and Tails. This set is GREAT for everything Christmas. I really wish these pictures did the ornament justice, but they don't. I used a favor tin that can be bought in packages at your local hobby and craft store. I punched holes in the tin with my Cropadile and attached the ribbon. The present image is stamped on the front with Black Stazon then colored with Bic Mark Its from the inside. Once dry, I put a circle of designer paper inside and some glittery "snow" and sealed it up with Crystal Effects.
On the back I added a circle of matching Designer Paper (both prints are from Basic Grey) and then put the sentiment on the back as well. To add a little extra zing I put some Dew Drops the outside.

Voila! You have a easy and ornament or gift to give to friends or co-workers. It is relatively inexpensive to produce as well, so if you have a lot of people on your list you can play Santa without breaking the bank.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Holly aka Toy said...

Oh Sherry! This is just delightful! What a great gift idea :) Hope you are feeling better!

Hugs!

Ashley Newell said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I love this idea! I might have to CASE it! This is so cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's such a cool idea!!! Gorgeous ornament, Sherry!!

Crystal said...

Sherry this is great and so creative, LOVE your ornament!!!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great ornament! I'll have to remember this...we do Secret Angels around Christmas time and this would be a perfect gift! Love it!