Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sassy Weekend of Fun and Stamping!

Happy Monday!  (ok...as Happy as it CAN be) I hope your weekend was wonderful - I had a wonderful weekend of relaxation, shopping, friendship and stamping.  My friend Kimme came down from Maryland for an Girls-weekend (without kids) with my BFF Jimmi and I.  We went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Virginia Beach and Vendor Fair.  It was the most relaxing time I have had in quite awhile.  We enjoyed shopping, eating out and just hanging out and stamping.  If you haven't noticed, I haven't been stamping very much lately.  Since it was VSN weekend on Splitcoast, we decided to check out the challenges.  I did not enter any of my cards however because I was way too busy chatting to finish in 45 minutes.  (It's all good)
My first card was inspired by the VSN Challenge- Summer Foods We Love.  I used the Paper Makeup set, Freckled Lemondae (Digi Version).  I just LOVE this set.  It is the perfect Summertime set and so much fun to use.

The next card is using the Paper Makeup set, Color It and my new SEI designer paper and brads.  I just love this set, it is a lot of fun to color.  Plus I got to use some of my new goodies.

The net card.....well it is a silly card I made since I was having so much fun.  I was flipping through my brand new 6x6 pad of Cosmo Cricket  paper named Matilda and I had an idea.  I paired my paper with the chipboard cut outs I bought this weekend as well.  I have to say, when I flipped through the pad of paper...I decided that the "ghosts" in this line could also pass for something else.....and I just couldn't resist making this card just for fun.  I have a twisted sense of humor....and I am not going to apologize
 .


15 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Your cards are gorgeous.

Christi said...

hehe....I love that last card and your sense of humor...LOVE IT!! They are all pretty darn cute. I am so glad that you all had a fantastic weekend! Someday, I am going to meet you girls!!! smiles...

Katie Cotton said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them all!!!!! And so glad that you got a weekend to PLAY! :D

Donna said...

Great cards! I love the fruit card. The colors are wonderful. So sad that you won;t be a DT member anymore, but I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Sherry~ So sorry you are saying goodbye to PMS, but wishing you the best in your job. I adore your creations and think you are super talented! Don't be a stranger, okay??xxxxooooo

Randee E said...

I absolutely LOVE your style Sherri!! Sad to hear you are taking a break from PMS :0( Wish you all the best and hopefully your work will ease up and you'll have more free time to make those amazing creations!

dawnmercedes said...

Darling cards...love the lemonade best. Don't be a stranger around PMS!! You will be missed!

kathy s said...

sounds like a GREAT weekend and so much fun- I love your sense of humour(reminds me of me hehehe)-hear your leaving the DT at Paper Makeup Stamps- sad :(- goodluck at your new job- I am just getting back after finishing work so know where your at. Love your cards and good luck in all ventures

AScrappersDelight said...

Love the fruit card and also the *ahem* ghost/baby beginnings card! TOO FUNNY!

Best of luck in your new ventures!

Lynn said...

Love all the cards but my favourite must be the 'Life is Sweet' one ... great colour combo.

Lynn x

Sara Henton said...

I love all your cards!! I so miss you & your sense of humor. I think I'm just going to have to play hooky & jump in the car for a road trip

Davi said...

All three are wonderful but most especially love the fruit one!! Have a great girls weekend!! :)

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! These are all incredible Sherry!!! BEAUTIFUL creations! I will definitely miss you as a PMS DT'r! Don't be a stranger! Big hugs!

Jodi said...

Good luck to you as you start your new job. I know it is hard to make the decision to step down from a DT, but family is first.

Adorable cards ~ love the bright cheerful colors on the first one and those yummy papers. On the second one I love the popped up parts on the flower and butterfly. And the third one is just fun ;)

FibreJunky said...

Hey, that last one looks like my colour challenge....And I *just* got what you meant I'm glad I wasn't taking a drink of coffee!!!