Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Fun # 72 and Unity Friends with Flair

TGIF!  This is my first week in years that I am working Monday thru Friday.  I think I like it.  :)  Having said that- I am REALLY glad it's finally Friday.  This weekend should be lots of fun and I also get to share my Friday Fun card with you. 
This month Kimme is the Friday Fun hostess and boy, is she really giving us a whopper of a challenge.  This week's challenge (FFC72) is to make a card with NO COLORING.  Get out your solid stamps and colored ink pads.  Extra points if you stamp your background instead of using patterned paper.  Well I figured I would go for broke and stamp everything (with the exception of a little bit of paper-piecing).  So here is my card using Unity's Tea Time Toile Background stamp and the June 09 Kit of the Month Perfect in Every Way. (this kit is one of my favorites that I go back to again and again) 

Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls cards.  We would love for you to play along- just use keyword FFC72 when uploading to SCS or link back to one of the Friday Fun Girls' blogs- that is if you are up to the challenge.  ;) 
Jimmi
Kimme
Sara
Christi
I do have one more thing I want to share with you- when I was looking for some solid stamps to use I opened a drawer that I haven't checked in a long time and look at all these stamps:
Some of them haven't even been inked up yet- can you believe it?  It is like Christmas in March.  :)
Thanks for visiting my blog today- be sure to check out the Unity Blog for the list of Friends with Flair participants.  It will definitely be worth your time to visit all the blogs. 

22 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Great take on this challenge. Now that is one fun and inspiring draw of stamps.

Sara Henton said...

Your draw looks just like mine that I busted open for this challenge, hehe. Gorgeous card, I swear that toile stamp looks like PP

Kelly Mahany said...

Love the red card!! It is very regal looking!! And that drawer of stamps... are you kidding me?? Get inking girl!! How fun!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card!!!
(and I am not at all surprised at that drawer!)

Angie Blom said...

beautiful card Sherry.. and the box of goodies make me want to come over and play with you gurl. It is alway nice to find some treasures that have not been inked up.. enjoy!

Christi said...

I am laughing about the drawer. I totally understand! This card is so gorgeous! I don't know which I like better, toile or polkadots, but put them together and you have created PERFECTION!! And in red...LOVE IT!!! smiles....

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

beautiful card--and look at those stamps! Can I come play? Love it:)

Karen said...

Beautiful card!! I love the papers you chose to match your sweet tea pot Unity stamp!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow, luv your background paper. Now I wish I had a drawer full of stamps.... stamper's dream! :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful love the red. I think we all have a drawer like that!!!

Rona said...

love how the ribbon and the teapot match!!

Purple Princess said...

Oh I love this card!!

Bonita Rose said...

love your card.. and ohoooohhhh look at that stamping goodness... aaaah I can almost smell it! hugs

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE this card, sherry! love that you matched the teapot with the ribbon!

Lisa Arana said...

sweet find! time to get them inky!

Great card too!

lisa a.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Good luck get ink to those stamps, Sherry! Love the toile!!

CarlaKH said...

what a gorgeous card... I have been wondering what the tea time toile looked like in action! Great combination!

Linda said...

Sherry

I love the dsp And cute tea cup very cute.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super cute, Sherry! I love to find unused, forgotten stamps! You are right...it is like Christmas!

Amy said...

Sherry! this is beautiful, I love that toille background with the tea pot SO PERFECT!!

Kimme said...

love the way the dots all match up. Great job!

FibreJunky said...

I'm embarrassed to say how many stamps I have that haven't been inked up yet. In fact, I won't admit to that number!
Love your card. Makes me want a nice, hot cuppa.