Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Fun- It's Ball Season!

Happy Friday! This week's Challenge is brought to us by Jimmi. Her challenge is: “Take me out to the ballgame”
Make a card using your favorite (or local) baseball team as inspiration! Our local team is the Norfolk Tides and since their colors also match my son's High School I decided to use their colors for his graduation card.
But FIRST I wanted to share with you something so much FUN I could hardly stand it! Last night, Jimmi and I went to see Kenny Chesney in concert in Virginia Beach. It was the most fantastic time I have ever had! It wasn't like a concert at all- it was more like a party hosted by Kenny for about....25,000 of his closest friends. It was breathtaking. (and so was the walk to the car -we were in satellite parking it was so crowded...LOL!)
Here's Jimmi and I enjoying all the fun and music (and trying not to get drowned in beer by the drunk guy behind us....) Please bear in mind that it was about 90 degrees outside and VERY Humid. But it was still the BEST time.
OK...now time for what you are stopping by to see. Below is the card I made for Alex's graduation using Unity's "This is the Time" miniature set. One day I hope to have the Larger version too but the miniature set is perfect for card-making.

I kept it pretty simple since it is, afterall for a teenage boy. I even used my Scor-Pal to do some fancy embossing. One day I will starting using that more often.
For More Friday Fun cards check out the following blogs:
Feel free to play along- just use keyword FFC38 when uploading to SCS. Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT weekend!

4 comments:

Sara Henton said...

This is so cool!! I really have to get back into my room so I can do mine

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS card!!!
Really beautiful:)

Unknown said...

Its just gorgeous, Sherry!!!

So are you and Jimmi, even in the humidity. Must be that glow from being with your boyfriend. ;)

Kimme said...

Great card! Use your ScorPal more!!!