Thursday, June 18, 2009

Terrific Thursday-I'm back in Action after TONS of Fun!

I hope everyone is having a Terrific Thursday! I apologize that I have been MIA but it has been super-crazy in my household the past week or two. My son, Alex graduated this past weekend. I am so proud and happy for him! He is growing up so quickly and into a fine, young man. He starts an Associates Program in Automotive Technology next month. He really enjoys working with his hands and has a great mechanical aptitude so I know he will do GREAT! Best of all, he will be able to earn a living at something he enjoys. I also got to meet my SCS friend Kimme (melenaprincess) in real-life on Sunday. Her family is vacationing in Virginia Beach and Jimmi and I went out to lunch with her then spent the afternoon shopping. It was so much fun and now I am pretty broke. LOL. Now that things are starting to calm down I can get back to the thing that I enjoy to do- STAMP! I am way behind on projects (Alex, I swear you WILL get a Graduation card one day....LOL) so this week is catch-up time. I recently broke down and bought the 120 ct. Prismacolor Premier pencil set. FUN!! I could not figure out how to get ALL the colors without duplicating the set that I already had, so if you know anyone who would like a great deal on a 24ct. of Prismacolor Pencils and some miscellaneous extras- send them to me. ;)
For my coloring experimentation I pulled out an old and neglected favorite stamp set: Stampin' Up's In Full Bloom. I love this set and will never part with it, but I rarely use it but it is the perfect set to try out my new pencils.
I used Odorless Mineral Spirits to blend. I do like the look, but I also want to try baby oil. The layout for the card is this week's Sketch Challenge over on SCS # 233. I just flipped it vertically to accomodate my image. The ribbon is from a HUGE ribbon share I participated in with Kimme. The Bee is popped up on dimensionals as is the flower which I stamped twice and cut out once.

Stamps: Stampin' Up In Full Bloom and So Many Sayings
Paper: SU Rose Red, Old Olive and Raspberry Tart DP; PTI White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Old Olive
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, Ribbon, Hemp Twine, SU Word Window Punch and Horizontal Slot Punch, dimensionals, Dew Drops
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day is PHENOMENAL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww, aren't you both adorable!!! Congrats to Alex and GORGEOUS card! You are the coloring Queen!