Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Unity Addicts Challenge # 38- Color me Yellow!

Happy Wednesday! This week's Unity Addicts Challenge is brought to us byMaggie. She challenged us to make a monochromatic card. I took this opportunity to ink up my May Kit of the Month, Another Sweet Day and also to use my Prismacolor Pencils. I bought them a few months ago and I need to practice with them more. I think you will see me using them more often since I find it very relaxing to color. It just melts away my stress and takes me to a happier place. ;) When Maggie issued the challenge, I knew right away that I wanted to use the color yellow. When I think of the month of June, for some reason I think of Yellow. Yellow, to me seems to be the perfect color for a warm, Summer day. So here is the card that I came up with:

I cut the Designer Paper on angle and added faux-stitching. I used my new Cutterbee piercing tool which didn't quite work as well as I had hoped. Oh well- at least it wasn't too expensive. If anyone has one and has some tips to get good piercing with it- feel free to share! I need all the help I can get. ;)
Thanks for stopping by today- be sure to check out the other Unity Addicts' blogs for more inspiration. Have a great day!

Stamps: Unity ..another sweet day
Paper: SU: So Saffron CS and DSP; PTI White
Ink: Brown Stazon
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Nestabilities, Cutterbee, So Saffron Ribbon, White Gel Pen

3 comments:

Scrapacat said...

I love this card, Sherry! Your coloring is great, and I love yellow. It's very cheery!
~ky

Unknown said...

Totally gorgeous, Sherry! I love the soft yellows you chose.

Bonita Rose said...

gorgeous.. love bright yellow!