Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Fun- #5!

Wow! I cannot believe it's the 5th week of my blog challenge with my Sassy Sistahs! Everyone has had a chance to hostess so we are starting over again with Kim this week. You can get all the details of the challenge on her blog Papertastic Creations. You can also get more inspiration here:





In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month Kim challenged us to use Pink and White (or Ivory) with another neutral (Black, Chocolate Chip or Kraft). I chose to make a 4.25" square card and use Pink and Chocolate (I threw in some Cocoa too- I hope that's ok since it's in the Chocolate family...LOL) I used the trio oftrees from the Unity KOTM for September Friendship, Love, Miracles. The sentiment is from the Unity kit Simply Said designed by AJ Otto .


The card is pretty simple as I was running out of time to get this posted! I paper-pieced the trees with SU Pretty in Pink Pallette O'Prints then accented them with my Close to Cocoa marker. I layered them with my new square Nestabilites and then I found this yummy Chocolate and Pink Ribbon I have had forever and had never used! (the horror of unused ribbon....)


I hope you like it- and I hope you will play with us. Just upload your cards to the SCS Gallery using keyword FFC5. Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is so pretty, Sherry! You do great things with ribbon, kiddo. You are making me want this stamp really badly. Great job with the challenge!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Here's my card Sherry:
http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/10/pink-and-brown-birds-for-friend.html