Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Fun # 8

Happy Friday!!! This week's Friday Fun challenge is hosted by Katherine. She challenged us to use the following colors on our card:

Rose Red
Regal Rose
Always Artichoke
and a neutral if desired.

You can find more inspiration for this challenge here:

Jimmi: The Stamping Shopper
Kim Muhl: Papertastic Creations


I have a Hip Hop Hangover (even though I left early I reall think I DO have a hangover from it...Ah!) so I used this image from Unity. It is Joy Words. You can buy it as part of a set or as a single.

I also decided to try watercoloring. I used to do it a lot but haven't lately so I am quite a bit rusty on this technique. I think I threw about 7 or 8 attempts in the trash before this one finally took (somewhat). I also got to play with Liquid Applique for the first time. How fun!!

I would love for you to play along with our challenge. Just link your card on one of our blogs and if you upload to SCS use keyword FFC8. Thanks for stopping by today- I hope to have more stampy goodness for you once I get some energy. :) Maybe tomorrow!



12 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

What a fun Christmas card! You're killing me with the fabulous Unity Stamps that I don't have! Great job with the watercoloring!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I need to get that set of stamps! Love them!
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Tanis said...

LOVE THIS!! What a fun Christmas card!

Watt-Hayes Family said...

LOVE IT!!!! so pretty!! love the embossing!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Dah-ling! :) I love the little puffiness on your card! Love the size of that stamp!

Ramsey said...

so pretty, Sherry! Love how you colored the image!

Kerry said...

Great Christmas card! I love the ornament embossing...it goes so well with the joy ornament.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Xmas card, Sherry!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous watercoloring!!
I really love that stamp!

FibreJunky said...

I really love this card. I am so going to have to get that set of stamps.

Lee said...

I LOVE your watercoloring....I just got some and plan to practice! This card is sooo sweet!! And the applique is such a fun touch!!

Dawn M said...

love the colorng and the liquid applique