Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Fun # 7- Roll with the Punches



Happy Friday!! This week for the Friday Fun Challenge that I do with three of my Sassy Sistahs it was my turn to hostess and choose the challenge. After a rough work week last week, I got this crazy idea in my head that it should be "Roll With the Punches." Pretty clever, huh? What that means for the challenge is this: You need to use a Wheel AND at least ONE Punch on your card. We want you to play along too- just link your card up here and if you upload to Splitcoast use keyword FFC7 so we can find it easier!




Check out these blogs for more Friday Fun Cards:












This week in addition to the challenge I decided to try something new. I saw a lot of great clear acetate cards in the Unity Gallery this week and I had to try it myself. I used the SU Jumbo Wheel Stars and Swirls (the only wheel I had that looked remotely Halloweeny) and carefully WHEELED it with Black Stazon onto an Acetate card base. This card was my second attempt- the first one smeared very badly. I put a layer of Vintage Violet underneath the card front (to help hide all the glue dots) and layered some DP and black on the front. Then I stamped Edward (oops I mean the vampire) and Jacob (I mean the werewolf) from Unity's set Boo Crew and colored them. I PUNCHED them with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered them with a punched out circles of Vintage Violet and Black scalloped Circles. The sentiment which is a Unity Single is stamped in Vintage Violet. I added ribbon to the top just because I love ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you play with us today! HAPPY FRIDAY!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very CUTE!!
Love the swirly background:)

Ashley Newell said...

A wheel? I SUCK at wheels. I don't know if I can do this Sherry.

Unknown said...

Its perfect, Sherry! I love the look on the acetate and your adorable Edward and Jacob (I mean vamp and werewolf). Great job with YOUR challenge.

Anonymous said...

Very cool card!
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Kerry said...

Cute card! Great job with the acetate!

Lee said...

Oh very cool!!! I need practice with my wheels for sure!!

Ashley Newell said...

Ok, so I found a piece of CS that I already used a wheel on and I used that. Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1104566

Sara Henton said...

Sherry this card is so cute! Great job

LeAnne said...

Very cute! Love that swirly acetate--would never have thought to use that for Halloween, but it works perfectly!!!
LeAnne