Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Christmas Swaps are done!

This week has been so hectic I wasn't sure if I would ever get them done! Between work, taking care of the house AND raising a teenage boy who thinks he knows it all (does anyone want one- I am willing to consider trades....) I have been running on empty. But last night I got my second wind and TA DA!! My Christmas swap card!



I hope I don't disappoint my fellow swappers. I have seen some of the other swaps and they are fabulous! I tend to be more traditional when it comes to Christmas cards. I love Christmas just the way it is and I make my cards that way too. I used the Unity Stamp Joy Words for my main (and only) image. I colored it with SU markers except for the Riding Hood Red which I used my ink pad and blender pen for. I accented the image with a Saukura Gelly Roll pen in Stardust and Frosted Lace Stickles. The designer paper is Holy Jolly Stripe from Flair Designs. I picked up these Prima Pointsettias at Michael's and they are just beautiful. It's a little disappointing however when you buy this huge tin of flowers and then open them and find there's an insert that takes up half the tin. Oh well. I still love them!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful day and if you don't already know- It's Hip Hop Thursday in the Unity Forum. Check it out!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card, I love it!

Unknown said...

Its so beautiful, Sherry!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Your fellow swappers are going to love this card! It's fabb-O!

Ashley Newell said...

This is adorable and I love it! Anyone would be happy to get this!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

This is GORGEOUS, Sherry!! Your coloring is so fabulous...I need some lessons from you! Love that rich-looking little poinsettia!! IKWYM about the inserts in the tins....grrr. Wish they'd just make 'em smaller so you'd know just what you were getting!

I also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for all the wonderful words you left for me on Wednesday! I always {love} your creations, so getting such high praises from you just about sent me over the moon!! {{hugs!!}}